My Wife,the Quilter

我的老婆ˋ一個拼布人  (作者不祥)

 

She learned to quilt on Monday.  Her Stitches were very fine.

星期一,她學會了拼布.她的針法真是不錯.

 

She forgot to thaw out dinner, So we went out dine.

但她忘了把我們的晚餐解凍,所以我們只好出門果腹.

 

She quilted miniatures Tuesday. She says they are a must.

星期二,她開始做迷你拼布.她說這是少不得的歨驟.

 

They really were quite lovely, But she forgot to dust.

迷你拼布真是可愛,但她卻忘了打掃我們的房屋.

 

On Wednesday, it was a sampler. She says the stripling's fun.

星期三,要做樣本拼布,她說彎曲壓線技巧很有趣.

 

 What highlights! Oh what shadows! But the laundry wasn't done.

好個凸顯主題!好個陰影處理!但她卻忘了洗衣服.

 

Her charm quilt was on Thursday. Green patches, blue and red.

星期四是魔法拼布,用的是綠色ˋ藍色和紅色的布.

 

I guess she relly was engrossed; She never made the bed.

我想她真的是全心投入,因為她從不整理床鋪.

 

It was wallhangings on Friday, In colors she adores.

星期五,是做壁飾的日子,用的是她喜歡的顏色.

 

But she never seemed to notice the crumbs on all the floors.

但她好像從沒注意到地上的麵包屑.

 

I found a maid on Saturday! My week is now complete.

星期六我終於找到一個幫傭!這一週終告完美.

 

My wife can quilt the hours away; The house will still be neat.

我的老婆可以一直做她的拼布,我們的房子也可常保整潔.

 

Well, it's already Sunday. I think I'm aboyt to wilt.

唉,星期天終於來臨,我卻欲哭無淚.

 

I cursed. I raved, Iranted The MAID has learned to Quilt!

我詛咒ˋ我謾罵ˋ我咆笑--因為我們家的幫傭也學會了拼布!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

哇哈哈
我只能說, 這首詩真的寫的太對了
所以迷上拼布的女人的先生, 都有這樣的感覺吧..
其實, 我最近也常在想,
要是我有一個幫忙打掃煮飯的人..多好~~~ ^^
arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜

    peggyhuang1 發表在 痞客邦 留言(19) 人氣()